From time to time, I am teaching the process of Wetplate Collodion in my studio in Berlin. In June, three participants learned how to handle wetplates, mix the photographic solutions and poured, developed and varnished plates on their own during a Wetplate Collodion Workshop for beginners.
If you are interested in learning this process in creating unique photographs with the process invented in the 1850ies, please contact me. From beginners workshops to advanced and outdoor workshops I can teach you the secrets of the process.
A wetplate collodion workshop can consist of the following elements:
- Safety and handling of chemicals
- Mixing of photographic solutions
- Pouring plates from 4×5″ to 40x50cm
- Development of collodion wetplates
- Troubleshooting and tips
- Advanced manipulations & artistic techniques
- Studio portrait shooting
- Outdoor portrait & landscape shooting
- Creating wetplate collodion negatives
- Printing techniques like salt and albumen printing